Skillion X friends only project has had hit a home run with all deposits pledged and the bike built and ridden by all - who are in the country 🙂
Nathan having a test ride...
The first prototype has been built and we have to collect those orders for the bikes..
We've added powerful upgraded disk brakes, this overcome the extra rolling momentum the fat-tires produce and you can stop these bikes on a dime with just one brake (ok maybe not a dime) maybe a 50 cent coin. We've kept the light alloy frame but added front suspension, a head light, an extra 10% bigger battery and upped the max load to 120 kgs to make it that bit tougher. For Smarts the Skillion X comes with a Pedalic system, this automatically provides power when your pedalling in levels depending whether you want range or power by a flick of the switch.
10 AH Battery
Display and Pedalic Controller
But the really big deal is the motor. We've moved over to a Mid-drive, an 8Fun 250Watt motor. This is 25% more power than the original Skillion and being in front of the gears, means you get the increased torque to rip up the hills!
Mid-drive 250W motor
Here's the complete specification;
- Motor the poweful BBSHD 8FUN mid drive motor high speed brush-less and massive torque!
- Battery 48V,11.6Ah Li-ion SAM-SUNG cell
- Frame 6061 aluminium alloy
- Tires 26" ×4.00 wide tire
- Rim Al alloy double wall and CNC side wall Orange
- Saddle comfort style saddle
- Stem AL Alloy
- Front fork Al alloy full suspension fork
- Front brake Hydraulic Disc Brake
- Rear brake Hydraulic Disc Brake
- PAS intelligent pedal assistant system
- Lighting front light LED
- Speed gears SHIMANO 7 speeds gearing
- Rear dérailleur SHIMANO
- Chain wheel AL alloy crank
- Chain KMC Rust resistant chain
- Max speed 25km/h (EU/AUS)
- Range 80 km* with 48V/11.8Ah Li-ion battery (PAS).
- range depends on terrain and riding style
- Max load 120kgs
- Net weight 26kgs
- Charger AC 100V -240V 2 amps smart charger
- Charging time: 6-8hours
- 12 month warranty on select parts
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.